The Texas Home Visiting Consortium brings together leading home visiting programs throughout the state. Home visiting is a service that brings trained nurses, social workers and child development specialists to the home to support pregnant moms and new families. It promotes maternal and child health, advances school readiness and prevents child abuse and neglect.
With only 3.8% of families who could benefit receiving home visitation services, the Home Visiting Consortium focuses on building awareness of evidence-based home visiting in Texas and coordinates legislative efforts to increase state funding for the sustainability and scale of programs across Texas.
- Healthy Families
- Healthy Start
- Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters (HIPPY)
- Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP)
- Parents as Teachers (PAT)
- Positive Parenting Program (Triple P)
- Since our inception, TexProtects has successfully secured $200 million for these programs through legislative investments.
- The investments in home-visiting programs for children ages five and younger have a proven return on investment ranging from $1.80 to $8.08 for every dollar spent.